A place where no rules apply, and fingers get inky and stained!!

Friday 11 November 2011

Butterflies

I made my auntie's birthday card last night, she doesn't do fussy, but loves butterflies!!!  The butterflies are punched using a TH movers and shakers die and a Martha Stewart punch, and the cardstock is a mix of SU and from my stash.  I embossed the lower half of the cardstock and then added the ickle butterflies.  Just some flat backed pearls to embellish.

Challenges:
Fab n Funky - all white on the night
Color throwdown - pale pink, real red, limeade and pool party
DutchDare Card challenge - punch time
Crafts and Me - birthday
Fabulous Friday - embossing
Do you stack up - inspiration by a song
CES - Entertain us

The song that inspired me is one the girls are constantly singing, thanks to hymn practise at school ... if I were a butterfly. ...
If I were a butterfly
I'd thank you Lord for giving me wings
If I were a robin in a tree
I'd thank you Lord that I could sing
If I were a fish in the sea
I'd wiggle my tail and I'd giggle with glee
But I just thank you Father for making me, me

CHORUS     
For you gave me a heart and you gave me a smile
You gave me Jesus and you made me your child
And I just thank you Father for making me, me
And so on ... Its not a bad song I am sure, must have a nice tune ... wish the girls could sing it in tune ... oh and know all the words!!!

I love Fridays, partly as it is the last working day of the week, but mainly as it is time for the Totally Papercraft Challenge, and the DT are all amazing people, with a wicked sense of humour!!!!!  Anyway this week's challenge is Victorian.

 I made a tag using GCD papers and a bauble from Waltzing mouse's Holiday Ornaments set.  I stamped it in Cherry cobbler ink and then took my quickie glue pen and 'coloured in' the no-inked parts of the bauble and added gold glamour dust.  Everything has been distressed to give it that vintagey feel, and these dp are very Victorian in their style.  I just need to make the card for it to go on!!!

12 comments:

  1. Sweet butterfly card and great Christmas tag! Thanks for playing along in the Color Throwdown challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and very elegant. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up and good luck.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely song to match a lovely card! Thanks for joining us this week at CES, Sheena xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful! Just amazing! Thanks so much for joining us for a challenge over at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stunning, what a beautiful creation. Thank you for playing along with us at Frosted Designs. I hope that you enjoyed the challenge

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice! Love the butterflies and the embossing! Thank You so much for joining our punch and die-cut challenge at Dutch Dare this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet birthday card! I love the dry embossing just on the lower portion of the card! I hope to see you create with us again at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your butterfly card is sooo pretty...you have used the Color Throwdown colors beautifully...thanks for joining us!!! Your Christmas tag is lovely, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card.
    Thanks for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky, hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful butterflies! Great card, thanks for playing along with Fab N Funky this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely birthday card! Love the colours, the butterflies, and the beautiful embossing! Your tag is gorgeous, as well! Thanks for joining us, this week, at DYSU!

    ReplyDelete