A place where no rules apply, and fingers get inky and stained!!

Wednesday 9 November 2011

A Couple of Snowflakes

I am still playing while making my Christmas cards .. not really getting the numbers made, but enjoying myself!!

 I used the card left from cutting a Spellbinders Snowflake out, and stained it using vintage photo DI and then gave it a good sprtizing with walnut gold glimmer mist.  Being impatient I took my heat gun to it and dried it off.  The background is created by stamping snowflakes in versamark onto glassen paper and then brushing perfect pearls over the top, before heat setting.  Finally the small snowflake is glimmered using gold perfect pearls in a bit of water in a mini mister.

For this card I used a Tatter Angels snowflake mask and tacked it to the white card base, before layering up dew drop, frost and artic blue glimmer mists.  The snowflake is the die I cut from the previous card, and the centre snowflake is spritzed, well actually soaked(!!) in arctic blue glimmer mist ... teach me for allowing a 5 year old to help ... there was a point when I thought the whole craft room could be sheeny, sparkly blue!!!!


So that was my playing around to find some cards to make ... more playing to do!!

Challenges -
Creative Craft - minimalistic

3 comments:

  1. this is one really beautiful card,just perfect for our challenge bless you for playing at creative craft challenge this week,hugs cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great cards, simple , dynamic and very festive, love also the colours you have chosen here.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab cards, I love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges.
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete