A place where no rules apply, and fingers get inky and stained!!

Thursday 17 November 2011

Playtime

So whilst the girls were having their bath I had a play again with inks, mists and masks ...
For this card I used a mask from a Tattered Angels Blossom set. I inked the cardstock in marigold DI and then placed the mask across.  I then inked over in rusty hinge, honey and vintage photo.  When it was all dry I spritzed over with frost glimmer mist.  Finally I stamped the sentiment.
Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp - thank you
Sisterhood of Stampers - thanks
Stampavie and more - anything but square
For your inspiration - photo
Corrosive Challenge - thanks
Sentimental sundays - thank you
Aud's Sentiments - thank you
Little Miss Muffet - simplicity
Papercraft Star - thank you
Creative Card Crew - thankful
2 sisters - anything goes
Card Makin' Mamas - thanks

And this ongoing ... I had an idea to use one of my MS punches to create a mask.  Having punched the mask, i inked over it using Victorian Velvet DI and then spritzed over it with gold glimmer mist. I used a scrap piece of card and swiped it with the DI and then mopped up the waste glimmer mist onto it ... dried and cut a TH tatter flower out.  Just pondering if its a centre flowe, off the edge, needs a stmping/embossing ... just needs a something to finish it off!

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful interpretation of the inspiration photo! So glad you joined us at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! Love the effect this technique gives. Thanks for joining us at Little Miss Muffet Challenges.

    Cleota
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo! Sparkle! I love that first mask. I bet those are pretty quick thank you notes. Thank you for the inspiration. I need to make a bunch of thank you notes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your card is beautiful! I love the colors and shimmer! I'm so happy you played along with us at Papercraft Star!
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow some lovely effects here ... thanks so much for playing along at Papercraft Star

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful! Will have to give this a try!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood 'Give Thanks' challenge and please come back again soon!

    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing techniques that I have long forgotten about!! Love your entry card for this weeks challenge. Very CAS...your second card, i would have to agree is missing something. You can keep the flower centered, but try misting maybe smaller flowers in the background with different colors (say maybe teh corners), just to add more activity.

    Thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week.

    Hugs,
    Calypso

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome end result with your layering! Thanks for joining in at For Your Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining us at SImon Says Stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really really pretty! Thanks for playing at Unscripted sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A really great card! Love the mask and the colours.

    Thanks for playing with us at Stampavie and More :)
    Hugs, Nina.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great use of the inspiration photo. Thanks for joining us at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  14. a great card, thanks for joining in at the creative card crew challenge.
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the inkiness you've incorporated! Thanks for joining us at FYI!

    ReplyDelete